For Immediate Release: March 9, 2022
Contact: Chris Burley, email@example.com
(DENVER, CO, March 9) — Today Pop Culture Classroom opened applications for student groups and community partners to get involved with the Denver-based education and community nonprofit’s programs at FAN EXPO Denver, July 1-3 at the Colorado Convention Center.
“Experience the Comics and the Kids’ Lab are two great ways the community can get involved with the FAN EXPO Denver fun this July,” said Adam Kullberg, Interim Executive Director for Pop Culture Classroom, in prepared comments. “The Experience the Comics program opens doors for middle and high school students who might not otherwise be able to enjoy the event — and the Kids’ Lab and All-Age stage connects kids and families to engaging, educational experiences with Pop Culture Classroom and our community partners.”
Applications are now open for Pop Culture Classroom’s:
- Experience the Comics program, which will bring up to 500 students to FAN EXPO Denver for an entirely FREE day of learning and pop culture-centered fun.
- Kids’ Lab and All-Age Stage, where community partners can offer engaging, interactive educational experiences for pop culture-loving families and kids attending FAN EXPO Denver
Experience the Comics is a free full-day experience on Friday, July 1 at FAN EXPO Denver, where middle and high school students can:
- GAIN hands-on experience with a variety of pop culture media (e.g. comics, games, cosplay, etc.)
- LEARN ABOUT the diversity and depth of pop culture through a fun, dynamic educational experience
- MEET professional creators and explore pop-culture focused career paths
- EXPAND their creative skills and pop culture interests
- DISCOVER connections between their favorite fandoms the real world
Experience the Comics applications close May 1, 2022 and enrollment will be capped at no more than 500 participants. Chaperones can apply for a spot for their student groups at:
The Pop Culture Classroom Kids’ Lab and All-Age Stage is an interactive, family-friendly, educational space dedicated to pop culture enthusiasts of all ages. Located on the main show floor at FAN EXPO Denver, the Kids’ Lab:
- PROVIDES hands-on opportunities for families and fans to engage with diverse pop culture-based media
- HIGHLIGHTS the value of pop culture-based education in the 21st century
- BRINGS TOGETHER a diverse mix of community partners, creators, and special guests throughout the weekend
- OFFERS a one-of-a-kind opportunity to engage and make lasting memories with a uniquely passionate, diverse audience of thousands of families, educators, and kids at the event.
Community Partner Applications Close April 17, 2022. Interested organizations can apply to present educational programming on the All-Age Stage or exhibit in the Kids’ Lab at:
In addition to Experience the Comics and the Kids’ Lab and All-Age Stage, Pop Culture Classroom will again host Educators’ Day at FAN EXPO Denver. Educators’ Day features with panels, discussions, and professional development to help teachers, librarians, and other educators make better use of pop culture to engage and educate students. Pop Culture Classroom will also curate educational panels and programs throughout the FAN EXPO Denver weekend for educators, families, and attendees of all ages.
Applications for panels and Educators’ Day will open in the next few weeks. For more information, please visit PopCultureClassroom.org/fanexpo
Pop Culture Classroom is an education and community nonprofit that works to inspire a love of learning, increase literacy, celebrate diversity, and builds community through the tools of popular culture and the power of self-expression. Pop Culture Classroom is the featured charity of FAN EXPO Denver. Each General Admission ticket purchased supports the organization’s year-round work in classrooms and communities to spark literacy, learning, imagination, and inclusive communities through pop culture. Learn more at http://www.popcultureclassroom.org.