Fun and educational pop culture-themed workshops taking place at our headquarters in Denver and throughout the metro area!
Fall 2019 Schedule
Join the Classroom Clubhouse and get ALL Fall 2019 workshops for $100!
Looking for scholarships? Click HERE.
Learning Animation Through Comics
Monday, December 9, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Ages 8 and Up
Comics can teach us a lot about animation, from framing to storyboarding to colors and more! In this workshop, you’ll learn how you can take concepts from comics and apply them to the basic principles of animation, and even get started making your very own animations!
- Students will learn basic animation concepts.
- Students will expand their methods of self-expression.
- Students will learn art composition skills.
- Students will learn about the animation profession and struggles that animators might go through.
- Students will gain project management skills as they learn how to bring an idea to life.
Nerd Out Night: A Star Wars Christmas Special
Friday, December 13, 5-8 p.m.
Ages 8 and Up
The Holidays are upon us, which means it’s time to bust out the holiday classic: The Star Wars Christmas Special! Come enjoy a special screening of the movie, and participate in Star Wars themed holiday crafts.
Writing and Publishing RPG Adventures
Monday, December 4, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Ages 8 and Up
Playing pre-written modules and campaigns can be an amazing experience, but for some, being the author of the adventure is an even more rewarding feat! In this workshop hosted by Pop Culture Classroom’s RPG experts, learn how to write and publish your own adventures for others to play, and even offer them up for purchase!
- Students will gain critical thinking skills as they think about the audience and appeal of their campaign.
- Students will build community as they collaborate with others to flesh out their campaign.
- Students will gain knowledge of the RPG industry and fanbase.
- Students will improve their communication and literacy skills as they convey their ideas to others and prepare them for publishing.
- Students will expand their creative writing skills as they learn all the components that go into creating an RPG campaign.
We strive for every student who wants to attend our summer camps to have the opportunity to do so! We offer full and partial scholarships for students who meet the criteria detailed in our scholarship forms. Please submit the form at least three weeks (21 business days) before the start of camp. All forms will be reviewed by our staff and applicants will be notified within 5-7 business days (before the start of camp).
¡Queremos que todos los estudiantes que quieran asistir a nuestros campamentos de verano tengan la oportunidad de hacerlo! Ofrecemos becas completas y parciales para los estudiantes que cumplen con los criterios detallados en la forma para las becas. Envíe la forma al menos con tres semanas (21 días hábiles) antes del inicio del campamento. Todas las formas serán revisadas por nuestro personal y los solicitantes serán notificados dentro de los 5-7 días hábiles (antes del inicio del campamento).